The provisional concealed firearm permit expires on the permit holder’s 21st birthday.
To "upgrade" to the standard permit you must submit:
- A completed "upgrade" application
- One passport picture with your full name written on the back
- One copy of your provisional permit*
- Copy of nonresident permit if resident state honors the Utah CFP, if applicable
- Copy of Driver's license
- Any supporting documentation for yes answers, if applicable
- Application fee of $10.00 (residents and non-residents)
Submit the completed application and all required documents no more than 90 days before, or less than 1 year, from your 21st birthday.
Even though you may receive the permit before you turn 21, the "Standard" permit WILL NOT be valid until your 21st birthday