Upgrading Provisional Permit To Standard Permit

Utah Is Now A Constitutional Carry State
For More Information Click Here

Must Be At Least 21 Years Old & Not A Prohibited Person

The provisional concealed firearm permit expires on the permit holder’s 21st birthday.
To "upgrade" to the standard permit you must submit:

  • A completed "upgrade" application
  • One passport picture with your full name written on the back
  • One copy of your provisional permit*
  • Copy of nonresident permit if resident state honors the Utah CFP, if applicable
  • Copy of Driver's license
  • Any supporting documentation for yes answers, if applicable
  • Application fee of $10.00 (residents and non-residents)

Submit the completed application and all required documents no more than 90 days before, or less than 1 year, from your 21st birthday.
Even though you may receive the permit before you turn 21, the "Standard" permit WILL NOT be valid until your 21st birthday

As stated in 53-5-704. (1)(a) it can take up to 60 days after receiving an application to obtain a concealed firearm permit.
*You do not need to retake the concealed firearm permit class

You can obtain the passport picture from the businesses below

Passport Picture Services: